Improving social documentation for elderly care?
Stureby sjukhem Nursing home, has 197 residents of which 160 have dementia. The assistant nurses struggle with the mandatory social documentation.
Therefore we wonder how we can create trustworthy, adequate and user-friendly ways for social documentation within nursery homes that promotes daily care and social interaction between care-giver and care-taker.
Stureby sjukhem Nursing home
-160 with dementia
- Residents live in hallways of 8 rooms
- 2,5 staff are on 24/7
- Assistant nurses carry the responsibility to document the 'social documentation'
- Projects and perspectives on Innovation
- Social documentation (SD) done in ParaSol
SD should fulfill multiple purposes:
- To ensure quality care and professional practices are followed
- For caregivers as an important tool for individual healthcare planning
- For the relatives to be able to stay informed about the healthcare given to the resident
The main challenges is:
How do we make social documentation more accessible and integrated into the daily routine of the caregiver (1), and reflect their meaningful work (2)?
The Challenge Journey